Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011

         Landon was good all night long.  He stayed stable through the night.  His blood gases, O2, and everything stayed good through out the night and all day today.  They changed his bed and faced him the other direction in his bed.  I've been able to change his diaper today, but daddy hasnt wanted to since he still has some iv's and things in his feet.  He will get more comfortable with it soon though.  His nurse Amy and I gave him a lotion bath this morning and he tolerated it well.  He definitely has a good grip he didn't wanna let go.  We talked with Dr. Dykes today and it seems like we're looking at surgery to repair him sometime next week.  But this is all subject to change!  They are going to be moving him around in different positions to try and get some of the fluids off of him.  She said that we may be able to hold him in a few days as long as he stays stable.  Mommy will be very emotional on this day!  but thats okay.  They did discontinue his paralyzing medicine so he's able to move around.  Were hoping he keeps having good days like these so we can keep improving and get to go HOME!

4 comments:

  1. Yay so happy he came off ECMO so well. I think he is saying, "I want to do the work myself now...I'm a big boy!" Praying everything goes better and they can do his surgery asap. It is hard for these babies to hold on when things aren't in the right places. Hoorah Mom for the diaper change and lotion rub. THIS is huge! I remember the first time I saw Ava's eyes...what a tender moment. So happy you got to see his eyes. Praying hard for you all. "Go Landon GO!"

    http://avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best news I have heard in a long time Amanda. God is good and he is showing everyone in that hospital that He is the Ultimate Healer and He WILL work an incredible miracle in this child.
    We love you sweet baby Landon. We are praying hard for you and your mommy and daddy as well as the doctors and nurses. Keep fighting sweet baby. Love you Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Landon!! I just read through the last few weeks and praising God for answering prayers for making a smooth transition off ECMO. This verse brought me lots of comfort and was my ever constant prayer in the NICU.

    Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

    ReplyDelete